Pam Owens is a personal trainer, a nutrition coach and a proponent of all things FITNESS.
Pam is passionate about powering up others to find their best in health and fitness. She employs simple, historically-successful, and scientifically based programs. Her nutrition and fitness coaching is results-based and constantly evolves to incorporate the best tools and methods available to help you reach your destination.
Pam Owens has more than twenty-four years of fitness experience with a specialization in golf-specific fitness training since 2007. As the first Level-3 Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Golf Fitness Professional in Texas, Pam is an industry leader in results-based training, designing fitness programs and nutrition coaching for golfers. Pam conducts group fitness classes and stretching clinics, gives educational presentations, is a frequent radio guest, and writes for golf publications with more than 70 articles published since 2007.
Pam owns Pam Owens Fitness and is Fitness Director for Royal Oaks Country Club where she trains and teaches. In 2008, Pam joined Black Hawk Country Club (formerly The Houstonian Golf & Country Club) to develop the fitness and golf fitness programming then moved into the role of Director of Golf Fitness for the other local Escalante Golf (formerly Redstone Companies Hospitality Houston) golf properties Golf Club of Houston (formerly Redstone Golf Club), Shadow Hawk and BlackHorse Golf Clubs. Pam has been recognized by TPI as a contributing writer, selected as TPI Golf Fitness Professional of the Week and selected as a contributor of more than 20 new exercises for the MyTPI.com golf fitness library.
Also in 2008, Pam and Charlie Epps (Angel Cabrera’s coach) began teaching a fun group golf fitness class that develops cardiovascular conditioning, tempo and timing, posture balance, stability, mobility and strength. Pam also created stretching routines for the driving range and the “3D Stretching and Recovery” class, which safely develops flexibility for all ages. In 2010, Pam designed and began directing “Jr. Golfletics”, a long-term athletic development program for increasing athletic and golf skills for young junior golfers. In 2011, under Pam’s direction, Redstone Companies Hospitality launched the opening of two new golf fitness training centers at Redstone Golf Club and BlackHorse Golf Club, which are designed specifically for golf performance improvement.
Pam’s mission is to work as a team alongside golf instructors and medical professionals to achieve success for golfers. Using sound scientific research and over 20 years of experience, her customized training programs maximize power and decrease risk of injury to enable a sustained high level of play for many years. Programs include one-on-one training, corporate or member clinics, travel programs, group training and nutrition support for body composition, health and performance. Pam has extensive experience with the over-40 golfer targeting what they need to gain mobility and power or regain his/her performance, health and body composition.
In 2012, Pam instituted telephone coaching and online program delivery to keep clients on track when they need it most. Clients now have a steady source of relevant fitness information, fresh workouts and timely nutrition advice that works everywhere.
Pam is married to her college sweetheart and has three grown children and is an avid speed golfer.
- First Level-3 Titleist Performance Institute Instructor in Texas
- TPI Golf Fitness Professional of the Week
- MyTPI.com regular contributor
- Monthly columnist, Texas Links Magazines
- Frequent radio guest on multiple golf talk and sports talk programs:
- Published fitness articles in more than 70 publications
- Fitness and Nutrition Advisor for SpeedGolf Houston
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructor FP3
- Titleist Performance Institute Junior Coach 3
- Titleist Performance Institute Power Coach 2
- American College of Sports Medicine – CPT
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- Precision Nutrition Coach – Pn1 & Pn2
- FMS – Functional Movement Screen Certified
- FRC®ms – Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist
- KINSTRETCH™ Certification – one of inaugural group of trainers certified in the world
- FRA – Functional Range Assessment
“Training with Pam has been night and day difference in more control over my body and allowing me to deliver more power to the golf ball. There is no doubt winning on the PGA Tour is more attainable now thanks to Pam! And I really see the benefit of KINSTRETCH in my hip mobility and use it along with our other exercises before I play a tournament round.” (29 year old, Roger Sloan, professional golfer)“I started working with Pam on the advice of our Director of Golf to assess my capacity to improve strength, balance and flexibility, especially in relation to my golf game. I was unfamiliar with Pam’s KINSTRETCH method but immediately gained trust because it was clear she was experienced and dedicated to this methodology to improve our body’s fitness and health. What I did not expect after three weeks of training (3x per week) was how much and how quickly I could see measurable gains! My posture has already improved some but incredibly, my balance and lower body strength has also improved such that I was able to climb several flights of stairs, up and down, without holding a handrail!! A simple feat for most, perhaps, but not for me. I have been unable to do this for years due to my bad knees and balance. I am excited to see the continued improvement in my fitness. Thank you Pam!” (56 year old female avid golfer, M.R.)
“Pam Owens has helped my students in the area of nutrition and how it contributes to performance. Our session with Pam was educational and provided a clear plan to effective nutritional practices on and off the course. Highly recommend her nutritional knowledge, programs, and coaching.” (Rudy Gonzalez, Head Golf Coach at Texas A&M International University, Director of Instruction at Laredo Country Club, 2015 US Kids Golf Top 50 Master Kids Teacher)
“I hit three of the best drives of my golfing career today. The training is definitely working!” (48 year old, competitive amateur golfer)
“I’ve worked with Pam twice a week for 7 years now and have followed her fitness and nutrition guidance. I am out-driving my buddies, can play with no pain on back to back days and recently shot my age–76! She always brings the latest and best exercises to our sessions. I see what the pros do on TV and in magazines and say to myself, ‘We do that too!'” (76 year old retired lawyer/avid golfer, A.F.)
“Unbelievable to me. I have hit the ball incredibly well after limited amount of time with this program. Just got back from a pro-am in North Texas after shooting 63 (8 under par) and winning by 4 strokes. I have already told a friend of mine that is a serious golfer about you. I was also bragging to my pro-am partners today as they commented on how well I was swinging the club. Can’t wait to see what time working on this produces. Talk soon! Stuart H.” (49 year old, Golf Teaching Professional)
“Some positive feedback for you. As you predicted I have followed the training regimen pretty well. It has really improved my golf game. Better balance and flexibility has helped me to be able to “stay over the ball” a lot better and I am hitting my shots better and further. Thanks. Great golfing now. Bob H.” (67 year old, retired engineer)
“I am hitting the ball 20 – 25 yards further now. I have never hit the ball this far, ever. I can’t explain it and my golf instructor can’t either. He says the only thing it could be is the fitness sessions with you. I’ve never done exercises like this before either. That is the only explanation. Mike R.” (40 year old, 4 handicap, PR Bench 475 pounds)
“Just wanted to say thank you so much for working with me over the last few months. Training with you has given me the chance to improve my fitness so much faster than working alone. Not only faster, but your extensive knowledge of golf fitness has allowed me to strengthen important muscle groups that I never would have worked on myself. For instance, working on my shoulders with so many different exercises has given me a kind of flexibility I have never known before. Also, the fact that most of our sessions include stabilizing my core muscles like my abs, lower back, and legs, has resulted in a strength and stamina on the golf course I have never had.
I cannot thank you enough, Pam, for your passion with your profession, and I look forward to working with you next week, next month, and throughout my golfing career! Sincerely, Scott Dawley” (Professional SpeedGolfer)
- Functional Range: If You Don’t Use It, You Lose It! – 18 Strong Podcast (11/8/16)
- 5 Training Strategies to Increase Vertical Thrust Without Leaving the Ground – MyTPI.com (9/23/16)
- Is it too late? – 50+ Radio Show Podcast – KPRC 950 AM (5/16)
- My Red Glasses Fashion Blogger writes about Pam’s Mobility Class at Athleta (1/8/16)
- How did Jason Dufner get his golf game back? – Sports 610 Radio (1/31/15)
- Stay in the game: Gadgets and Must Haves – 50+ Radio Show Podcast – KPRC 950 AM (2/1/15)
- Fuel Your Body for Golf – 18 Online with Greg Liberto (5/19/15)
- Club & Resort Business Magazine (December 2014)
- Managing Inflammation & Building Muscle for Over 50 – 50+ Radio Show Podcast – KPRC 950 AM (11/16/14; Segment at minutes 4:40 – 20:20)
- Golf Induced Back Pain – Sports 610 Radio Interview (10/4/14)
- Lone Star Golf (Texas Golf Association): Stretch Before You Swing
- Monthly contributor to Texas Links Magazines
- Got Goals? – Sports 610 Radio Interview (12/28/13)
- Houston Chronicle: Speedgolf a perfect fit for physically fit
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 1
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 2
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 3
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 4
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 5
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 6
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 7
- Chicago Title Video: Tip 8
- Monthly contributor to Texas Links Magazines
- Houston Chronicle: Sport-specific training benefits longevity in golf game
- Monthly contributor to Texas Links Magazines
- 6-5-4-3-2-1: A Basic Golf Fitness Routine
- The 19th Hole